Coherent, consistent and effective responses for children who are central to the Children Acts.
We will work for children. We will seek significantly better outcomes for vulnerable children through the co-ordinated delivery of services. We will promote stronger inter-agency co-operation and good practice through the provision of advice, guidance and support and base our work on action-oriented research, experience and reflective questioning.
The Children Acts Advisory Board
- Will act independently in accordance with our statutory remit;
- Will be open, accountable and inclusive, dealing with all parties in a respectful manner.
- Have a right to fair access to all State Agencies and the services they provide;
- Will have their rights respected at all times;
- Will, where possible and appropriate, have services delivered within a family setting;
- Will be detained only as a measure of last resort and for the shortest possible period necessary to address the special care needs of each child;
- Will be given the opportunity to express their views and influence service development.
- Will have the benefit of facilitated collaboration, good practice guidance and research based advice;
- Will be dealt with in a spirit of partnership trust and co-operation.
- Are entitled to prompt, accurate and quality advice on request.